What can you see a doctor for?
Click on the button to show what you can see a doctor for
- Prescription refills
- Review of lab results
- Birth control counselling
- Mental health counselling
- STI lab requisitions
- Smoking cessation
- Diet & nutritional counselling
- Sexual health consults
- Addiction counselling
- Allied health referrals
- Hacking coughs
- Painful urination
- Running nose
- Sore back/stiff neck
- Vaginal yeast infection
- General health questions
The following does not qualify
- No prescriptions for narcotics or controlled substances.
- No long term (greater than one week) disability requests.
- No travel related concerns/questions.
- Lab requisitions for "General Health Checks" will not be given if patient does not have a history of any health issues requiring such.
Book Your Online Visit
Choose the date you want to see the doctor below, fill in your information, then receive a link to download our secure viewer.
About This Service
Seeing a doctor online is ideal for your everyday health needs.
If you are a resident of BC you are qualified for this free telehealth (telemedicine) service no matter where you live. Viva Care believe in providing the best quality of care and making it easily accessible to all. We recognize that it isn't easy for you to come into a medical clinic. That is why we are proud to introduce this service to allow you to accomplish your medical needs from the comfort of your current location.
- Viva Care allows access to health care to anyone in British Columbia regardless of their current location.
- If you are a resident of B.C. and have a valid PHN (personal health number), your are qualified for this service.
- If you have a internet ready device with a microphone and webcam you will be able to connect to one of our doctors through this service.
- NO COST! Viva Care is proud to offer this service at no cost to you if you have a valid BC Medical Plan Number (PHN).
- If it is a prescription we handle that without the need for you to come into one of our clinics. Your prescription will be faxed to a pharmacy that is convenient for you.
- Our doctors are located at our clinics! If after your telehealth visit you would like to see the doctor in person you will be able to.
Please note the following visits qualify for telehealth:
- Prescription Refill. Please note some medications do not qualify. Refer to below list.
- Review of Lab Results
- Birth Control Counselling
- Mental Health Counselling
- Depression Screening
- Smoking Cessation
- Diet & Nutritional Counselling
- Sexual Health Consults
- Addiction Counselling
- Referrals to Allied Professionals (Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Regisertered Massage Therapists, etc.)
- General Health Questions
The following visits DO NOT qualify:
- Prescriptions for Tylenol 3, Narcotics (Oxycontin Oxycodone Hydrocodone Hydromorphone Fentanyl Buprenorphine Levorphanol Codeine Lorcet Lortab Norco Oncet Procet Vicodin Xodol Zydone), Benzodiazepine(Xanax Paxal Klonopin Valium Diazepam Lorazepam Ativan Alprazolam), Medications for ADD, ADHD, and insomnia
- No new diagnosis will be made, especially if a physical, psychological, or both assessments are necessary (that can only be done with patient physically present in the room)
- Long term, greater than one week, disability requests. No disability, litigation related, or employment/school related forms can be completed other that brief period off from school/work
- Travel related concerns/questions - Vaccination Rx/Labs requests for travel/employment are not covered by MSP even in clinic visits, so EXCLUDED from telehealth
- Lab requisitions for "General Health Checks" will not be given if patient does not have a history of any health issues as assessment of health risks cannot be done over telehealth