- Sung is currently offering acupuncture services and seeing patients at the following clinics:
Initial/Subs Visit$60/60 minutes
Package (5 visits)$275
Sung offers direct online claims for private insurances and bluecross
Sung can also apply online claims for MSP premium assistances ($23 per session). Pre-approved Work Safe BC claims and ICBC claims are also welcome
Viva Care is pleased to offer a network of services to enable you to receive the care you need to achieve optimum health. Below you will find information about our Acupuncture services provided by Sungwoon Tjen.
Sungwoon (Sung) is a registered acupuncturist (R. Ac.) of College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia. He had his Bachelor of Science degree at Simon Fraser University and finished his 3-year of Acupuncturist program at respected International Collage of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver (ICTCMV), located at Broadway, Vancouver.
During his studying period at ICTCMV, Sung started interning and has been practicing as an active acupuncturist at China Acupuncture Clinic in Vancouver, providing many patients therapeutic and effective treatments. He integrates and maximally utilizes with other Traditional Chinese Medicine modalities such as electro-stimulation therapy, Cupping therapy, various massage therapies - Tuina, acupressure, sports massage, cranial massage, manual traction, ear-seed therapy and TDP heat lamp therapy to help each individual greatly to overcome their health issues by alleviating the current physical symptoms, balancing the body and making oneself stronger to prevent further development of the disease/symptom.
Now as an acupuncturist at Vivacare medical clinic, Sung not only promises that he will do his best in his field to fully and carefully understand a patient’s health concern and provide accurate diagnosis and effective treatments, but he also believes that the modern Western medicine and Chinese medicine can cooperate each other at Vivacare, and as such he will follow closely with other health practitioners and communicate with them to ensure the best possible result is achieved. Sung’s integrated acupuncture treatment is particularly effective for the following conditions, but it is not limited to them only. Please come visit Sung for more information regarding your health.
- Pain Management: sports injury, whiplash, strains and sprains, acute/chronic back pain, sciatica pain (Piriformis syndrome), neck and shoulder pain, Frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, knee / ankle pain, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and etc.
- Headaches and migraines
- Facial paralysis, Bell’s Palsy, TMJ
- Emotional disturbances – anxiety, depression
- Digestive Issues – indigestion, Stomach pain, diarrhea / constipation
- Tinnitus, decreased hearing
- Quit smoking
- Women’s health – PMS, menstrual dysfunction (painful, early, late, irregular)
- Low energy, chronic fatigue
- Stroke rehabilitation
Sung can also apply online claims for MSP premium assistances ($23 per session).
Pre-approved Work Safe BC claims and ICBC claims are also welcome
To book an appointment please fill out the below form and submit. Someone from the clinic will be in touch with you shortly.